Protection of users' privacy is important for Videotec SPA and its affiliates ("Videotec"). This notice describes how Videotec collects, utilizes and discloses personal information that users give to Videotec as they use the website www.videotec.com (hereinafter, the "Website").
In accordance with articles 13 and 14 of the EU Regulation 679/2016, Videotec, Via Friuli, 6 - 36015 Schio - VI - Italy - Tel. 0445 697411 - Fax 0445/697414 - E.mail: firstname.lastname@example.org is the Data Controller for personal data users provide to Videotec through the Website.
3- LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
4.1- INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED THROUGH THE WEBSITE
The Website automatically collects certain non-personal details about Website users (you), such the date and duration of connection to the Website, the internet address used to connect to the Website, the operating system that is being used, and the pages and images from the Website that have been viewed. This non-personal information is used for system and Website administration purposes and to improve the Website. The non-personal information may be disclosed to other people and stored permanently for future purposes.
4.2- PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU SPECIFICALLY PROVIDE
More specifically, you may be asked to provide Videotec with the following personal data:
- email address
- physical address
- telephone number
- date of birth
- current occupation
Your providing the above-mentioned personal data is optional. Your refusal to provide Videotec with some or all such personal data only mean that you will not be able to use certain services provided by Videotec through the Website (such as access to technical documentation of Videotec Products) or access/use certain Website functions (e.g. Videotec will not be able to comply with your requests).
5- OTHER WEBSITES
The Website may contain links to other websites or internet resources. If you click on one of these links, you will be accessing a separate website. Videotec has no responsibility or control over these websites or the actions that they may take to collect, use and disclose your personal data.
6- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Videotec uses the personal data of users (you) for the following reasons:
- to properly and safely visit the Website;
- to take part in prize draws;
- to make suggestions, questions, and comments (e.g. to respond to specific requests made to Videotec through the Tech Support section in the Website, or to ask how to become a partner and engage in other forms of interaction online);
- to sign up to receive the newsletter and information about the field in which Videotec operates;
- to send commercial, advertising and illustrative materials about Videotec's products and services;
- to use the Contact Us section;
- to use the Work With Us section;
- to allow Website users to register a user account in order to complete the download of certain technical and informative documentation;
- to improve Videotecs products;
- to improve the Website.
7- DISCLOSURE OF USERS' PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Videotec staff may become aware of your personal and non-personal data. In particular, the data may be disclosed to the Controller's staff, the IT systems repair and maintenance staff (as well as to the Processors IT staff), and to the personnel responsible for invoicing and accounts. In no circumstances will your personal data be disseminated and/or communicated to third parties.
8- ACCURACY OF USER INFORMATION
Within reasonable limits, Videotec will endeavour to ensure that personal data about users is accurate and comprehensive. You can help Videotec to keep accurate records by informing the company of any changes to your personal information.
9- ANONYMOUS INFORMATION
Videotec may utilize your personal data to create non-personal data about the use of the Website and the associated services. Subsequently, Videotec may disclose the non-personal data to other people and permanently store it for future use.
10- PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
Your personal data will be stored and processed in Processors servers located within the EU territory.
Anyway, Videotec can retain the all or some of your personal data for a longer period if necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
11- PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
Videotec never knowingly collects personal data about minors. If you realize that personal data has inadvertently been collected about a minor, simply send an email to notify the figures whose contact details are provided below and the information will be removed from the systems. Users who are minors must not send or post any data on the Website.
12- ALTERATIONS TO THIS NOTICE
In order to adapt to changes at Videotec, ongoing technological developments and amendments to the law, this notice may be altered occasionally at Videotec's discretion. You will receive a notification about these changes through the email address you have previously provided Videotec with. Videotec will collect, use and disclose your personal data in accordance with the version of this notice that is in force at the time. All new versions of the notice will be published on the Website. By continuing to use the Videotec Website after any changes to this notice, you implicitly agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the altered notice. In addition, when using the Website, it is advisable to check the date of the notice and any changes that have been made since the last version, as well as to bookmark this page and check the notice in force regularly so that you are always aware of the version in use.
13- USERS RIGHTS In accordance with Articles 7, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 of the UE Regulation 679/2016 you can, in any time, exercise the following rights:
- the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- the right to obtain from the Controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data;
- concerning you are being processed;
- the right to obtain the access to your personal data;
- the right to request from the Controller rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to request from the Controller restriction of processing of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided (data portability);
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him/her or similarly significantly affects you.