Web Interface Manual
We are pleased to announce that we have recently released the firmware update 4.2
Thanks to Videotec proprietary know-how, the internal R&D team regularly releases new firmware several times a year, with updates shared and distributed across the entire product range.
Each update adds innovative enhancements and features and renews the level of cybersecurity, ensuring all pre-existing compatibility with third-party systems.
This firmware can be uploaded on EVO all versions, MMX, NVX, NTX, MVXT, MPX Series2 all versions, NXPTZ Series2 all versions and on all the Delux product family.
What's new in the Firmware 4.2:
- Added configurable User Password Policy Complexity including the support of password history.
- Added SNMP OIDs.
- Added support for SNMP Traps.
- Completed support for SNMP v1, v2c, v3.
At Videotec, the following four principles are the basis for implementing cyber-security in products:
1. Hardening software architecture to minimize the attack surface of the cameras;
2. Constant updates and availability of new features, even on old products;
3. Removal of predefined credentials in the products, to strongly indicate to customers that, as a minimum, a new username and password combination must be defined by the user during installation according to the system-level security requirements. This principle is in accordance with the ONVIF Profile Q specification.
4. Contribution to the ONVIF Security Service specification, to push the industry shifting from usernames and password to X.509 certificates;